How it Works
Our curriculum broadly follow the English National Curriculum blending it with the competency-based French National Curriculum.
The curriculum comprises of three groups of subjects:
- Core subjects,
- Foundation subjects and
- Specialist subjects.
Core and foundation subjects are taught by a class teacher whereas specialist subjects are taught by specialist teachers.
- Core subjects
- Foundation subjects
- Art and Design & Technology
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Specialist subjects
- Physical Education (PE)
- Modern Foreign Language (i.e. Mandarin Chinese)
|History||Geography||Art & Design||ICT|
- Students have 4 lessons of English and French per week.
- Mathematics will be taught in both languages of 4 lessons each with a total of 8 lessons per week.
- Students learn foundation subjects - history, geography, art and design, and ICT - 2 lessons per week; one in English and one in French.
- Music and Theatre are taught by specialist teachers once a week.
- Bilingual students study two lessons of Mandarin Chinese during the “Language Plus” period every Wednesday afternoon.
- One entire afternoon in the week will be dedicated to physical education (PE). Sports include games, athletics, and both in-door and out-door activities.